What is the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools?
The vision & mission of ACTS can only be attained by maximizing the contributions of every Christian educator in our Movement, and by continuing to build an association and service that recognizes personal diversity with our fundamental unity.
Setting a new standard of Christ-centered academic excellence.
Assisting Christian schools to realize the highest level of educational credibility.
Core Values - we are passionately committed to:
• A Biblical Worldview – modeling, teaching, and leading with actions and decisions that are consistent with God’s Word.
• Integrity - demonstrating exemplary practices reflective of Christian ethics; with accountability to Christ, our schools, and the educational community.
• Excellence – providing exceptional services for the certification and development of Christian administrators and teachers, and pathways to the highest levels of accreditation for Christian schools.
• Relationship – developing and sustaining a partnership with Christian Schools to enhance their ministry through personal connection.
• Creativity – being proactive in the pursuit and development of innovative solutions to benefit the growth and development of our organization and its member schools.
• Service – Purposing to approach current and prospective members by offering resources, support, consulting, advice, and mentoring.
ACTS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its programs.
- Member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation
- Member of the Florida Association of Academic Non-Public Schools
- Member of the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Member of the Texas Association of Non-Public Schools
- Member of the Oklahoma Private School Accreditation Commission
- Pentecostal/Charismatic Christian Education Alliance
- Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE)
- Accreditation (Preschool----High School)
- Certification (Faculty----Administration)
- Administrator and staff conferences
- Student fine arts, academic and athletic events
- Educator networking
- ACTS National Honor Society
- Who's Who Among Assemblies of God Educators
- Enrolling all Spirit-filled Christian teachers as members
- In February 1987 the National Association of Assemblies of God Christian Schools, a grassroots organization of concerned Christian educators, was formed during the Christian Schools Educators Conference at Evangel College, Springfield, MO.
- The organization was formed in response to the need for an annual A/G Christian School Conference for disseminating educational information, for a "clearing house" to make resources available to schools, and for fellowship with like-minded Pentecostal schools.
- Richard L. Heers, Ft. Myers Christian School, Ft. Myers, Fla., was the first president and David Linkswiler, Cloverdale Christian Academy, Little Rock, Ark., was the first secretary of the fledgling organization.
- The organization became known as the Association of Assemblies of God Christian Schools and was incorporated in 1992 in the state of Missouri.
- In February 1993 the organization voted to change its name to the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools.